Users' personal information is handled by Octopii.co in accordance with the following policies.
YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR, IF YOU ARE OVER 18, THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION) AND OF LEGAL AGE IN YOUR JURISDICTION OR RESIDENCE, OR THAT YOU HAVE LEGAL PARENTAL OR GUARDIAN CONSENT TO ENTER INTO A BINDING CONTRACT. IN ANY CASE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 13. YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM USING OUR SERVICE IF YOU ARE 13 OR UNDER.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following information about you may be collected and processed by us:
- When you register for an account with Octopii.co, make sales inquiries, request support, or make a purchase or payment, we collect personal information such as your name and e-mail address.
- Certain data is automatically collected and stored in log files. Internet protocol (IP) addresses, operating systems, browser types, date/time stamps, and/or program or system error messages and other system information may all be included in this data. To improve our Service, marketing, analytics, or website functionality, we may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you.
- We may keep a record of your correspondence if you contact us or respond to messages and communications we send you.
- We keep track of how you use our Service and what resources you access. Information about how, when, and from where you access or use our Service is included in this type of usage data.
- On our Service, we are very welcome user feedback, community discussions, chats, and other interactions.
- We collect mobile device identifiers and IP addresses if you use our Service on a mobile phone or other mobile devices, including tablets. Certain aspects of our Service will generate and assign to your device an account number-like identifier. We may collect your device's name, device type, phone number, country, and any other information you choose to provide or allow us to access, such as geo-location.
3. COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
However, you may still use our websites if you reject cookies, but your ability to use some features or areas of our websites may be limited. Clear gifs may also be used in HTML-based emails to indicate which emails have been opened by recipients. This enables us to assess the effectiveness of specific communications as well as our marketing campaigns. As a result, these clear gifs are associated with personally identifiable information.
We may also use tools or third-party analytical software to collect and use non-personal information that does not allow Octopii.co to directly identify you.
4. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use both personal and non-personal information, either separately or in combination:
- To assist us in managing, operating, and providing our Service to you
- To make your experience with our Service even better
- To develop new products or services for you
- To provide you with the customer and technical support
- To keep you up to date on software
- To keep in touch with you regarding our service (unless you have not consented to allow us to use your information for these purposes)
- For the purpose of marketing and promotion
- For the purpose of internal training and statistical analysis
Without your permission, Octopii.co does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, you agree that Octopii.co may share your personal information with our affiliates in order to provide you with our Service, as well as information and promotional materials about other services. Furthermore, Octopii.co may share personal information with third-party service providers who help Light Novel Pub provide the Service to you. As a result, your data may be transferred to countries other than your own.
We require third-party vendors and suppliers to adhere to confidentiality and non-disclosure obligations when we share your personal information with them. We may transfer your personal information to the new owner if the ownership or control of all or part of our Service or their assets changes. We may be required to provide personal information to the appropriate governmental authorities by law enforcement or judicial authorities on occasion. Personal information will be disclosed in response to a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
Octopii.co maintains appropriate security, integrity, and privacy safeguards for the personal information we collect and store about our account holders. Personal information collected by lightnovelpub.com is kept in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public and only authorized employees to have access to. We also have security measures in place to protect the information under our control from loss, misuse, and alteration (i.e., maintain data quality). For example, before allowing users access to their personal information, we verify their identity by requesting information such as their username and password. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer personal data provide adequate data protection.
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in a country other than your home country. It may also be processed by employees of our affiliates and third-party service providers based outside of your home country. In this case, we will take reasonable steps to require that any third party in possession of your personal information take commercially reasonable security measures to protect the data.
However, no data transmission over the internet or through any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we make every effort to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Service cannot be guaranteed; and (b) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with by a third party while in transit.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES
You should be aware that our Service may contain connections to third-party websites, products, or services from time to time. The privacy policies or the content of such sites or services are not within the control of lightnovelpub.com. If you have concerns about a third party's privacy policies, read the privacy policies of the site or service to which you link before providing any personal information.
We may also utilize Google remarketing services, which allow third parties, such as Google, to offer ads to you based on your behavior on our Service. This entails inserting a small piece of code given by Google into specific parts of our Service. This code allows third parties, such as Google, to store a cookie on your computer that notifies them about your use of our Service and enables them to recognize you and provide you related ads when you visit other websites in the Google Display Network. Other companies' remarketing services may be used as well. You can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout if you don't want Google Analytics to collect data from your browser when you visit websites.
7. COMMON ID COOKIE
8. ADVERTISING PRIVACY SETTINGS
FOR EU USERS ONLY: When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content.
9. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. DEACTIVATED OR TERMINATED ACCOUNTS
A request to delete and/or terminate your account will not result in the removal of information collected and already put in aggregate form or information that cannot, in our sole discretion, be removed without undue burden to us. We are unable to remove any of your information from a third-party provider or platform, and we are not obligated to do so. Furthermore, even if you delete your account or your account is terminated, your information may not be completely deleted from our servers and the servers of the third parties with whom you have shared information.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal information
You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from/about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others, to exercise their free speech or other rights, comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, for scientific or historical research, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our services.
- How to exercise your access and deletion rights
You can exercise your right to privacy by sending your deletion request via email at [email protected] or [email protected]
When you request to exercise your privacy rights, we may ask for additional information to verify your identity for security reasons. If you have an online account with us, logging in will verify your identity and request, though we may ask for more information if we suspect your account has been compromised. Depending on the nature of the request and the sensitivity of the information sought, we may request additional information from you to match with our existing records to verify your identity if you do not have an account with us or if we have reason to suspect that the security of your account has been compromised.
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] or [email protected]